Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sabbatical Prayer Points

As our family heads into sabbatical, I'd appreciate your prayers on a few key points:
  1. For a SEASON OF SHALOM for our family. It’s an incredible gift to have this sabbatical fall at this stage of our lives (Elijah will be 4 in a month, and Abby’s officially 2!), and it would be the grace of God if we could experience his “shalom” during this season, particularly from some of the externals which have proven challenging.
  2. For RICH REFLECTION as I give myself in a more concentrated way to reading, study, and hopefully writing. I’m hoping to focus my attention on the twin themes of movement leadership and missional planting, and am excited for the ways this study might bear fruit in future seasons. It’s thoroughly healthy for my soul to read and think, but it’s been a while since I’ve done so in significant ways, so I’ll need to learn how to be a student again, and would appreciate a keen and attentive mind/spirit.
  3. For MY ONGOING FUNDING as it's very likely that my budget will be increasing for the upcoming ministry year. I'm so grateful for those of you have given faithfully down through the years, and will be looking to build an even wider donor base for the next season!
Again, if you have questions, please let me know, and thanks in advance for your partnership!

No comments: