Thursday, May 6, 2010

Surfing a Jesus Wave

At the risk of sounding redundant, I’m excited to say that I’ve never experienced a more fruitful year of ministry!

Honestly, last year was a great year for our work across Iowa--we were growing our impact, seeing more students start to follow Jesus, and our planting vision was gaining momentum. I entered into this year cautiously hopeful that the momentum wasn’t an anomaly, but that God really was on the move. At the end of this year, the verdict is in, and God has once again exceeded our expectations!

As you can imagine, measuring “success” in ministry can be tricky business. Individual stories can give a glimpse of the larger movement but sometimes miss the “big picture”. Numbers and data help us see trends, but don’t have names and faces, so they too tell only part of the story. For this “year-end report”, I’d like to give you a taste of both. Real stories of real students and staff who are being transformed by Jesus, and real data to help give you a sense for the larger move of God we are experiencing. I hope it produces as much gratitude in you as it has in me as I’ve sought to steward your investment and this movement.

No comments: